NEW YORK (Forex News Now) – The FNN team has prepared a list of the top 10 economic events most likely to impact EUR/USD and make realtime forex news during the coming week, Sept. 27 – Oct. 1.
All times are given in GMT.
- M3 money supply (EUR): 8:00 A.M. Monday – The European Central bank is due to publish this important report on the change in the total quantity of domestic currency in circulation and deposited in banks in August.
- Trichet testifies (EUR): Monday, 1:00 P.M. – The European Central Bank president, Jean-Claude Trichet, is due to testify before the European Parliament in Brussels. FX traders will likely seek to discern clues to future monetary policy in his comments.
- Gfk German consumer confidence (EUR): Tuesday, 6:00 A.M. – The Gfk market research firm is to release this outlook on German consumer morale, a leading indicator of consumer spending in the euro zone’s largest economy, in October
- CB consumer confidence (USD): Tuesday, 2:00 P.M. – The Conference Board, a research group, is to publish this closely watched survey of U.S. consumer morale in September, in a report likely to shake up EUR USD analysis.
- Consumer price index (EUR): Thursday, 9:00 A.M. – The EU statistics agency is to publish this key report on consumer price inflation in the euro zone in September. The data is central in setting interest rates and is an important measure of purchasing power.
- Initial jobless claims (USD): Thursday, 12:30 P.M. – The Department of Labor is due to release this report on the number of workers who filed new claims for jobless benefits during the previous week.
- Bernanke testifies (USD): Thursday, 2:00 P.M. – The U.S. Federal Reserve chairman, Ben Bernanke, is slated to testify before the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs, in Washington, D.C. FX traders. will seek to discern clues to future monetary policy moves in the central bank chief’s comments.
- German retail sales (EUR): Friday, 6:00 A.M. – Germany’s statistics office is scheduled to release this data, which is an important gauge of consumer spending. The report excludes vehicles and gas stations.
- Unemployment rate (EUR): Friday, 9:00 A.M. – This report, published by the EU statistics bureau, reflects the percentage of workers in the euro zone who were unemployed in August.
- ISM manufacturing PMI (USD): Friday, 2:00 P.M. – The Institute for Supply Management, an industry group, is scheduled to publish this key report on the U.S. manufacturing sector, also for September. FX traders will likely pay close attention to the report.