NEW YORK (Forex News Now) – The FNN team has prepared a list of the top 10 economic events most likely to impact GBP/USD and make realtime forex news during the coming week, Sept. 27 – Oct. 1.
All times are given in GMT.
- Current account (GBP): Tuesday, 8:30 A.M.– Britain’s statistics agency is to release this key report, which details the flow of goods, services, transfer payments and income in and out of the United Kingdom during the second quarter.
- Gross domestic product (GBP): Tuesday, 8:30 A.M. – Britain’s statistics bureau is to release this key data, the primary measure of the region’s overall economic output, for the second quarter. FX traders will likely pay close attention to the report.
- CB consumer confidence (USD): Tuesday, 2:00 P.M. – The Conference Board, a research group, is to publish this closely watched survey of U.S. consumer morale in September, in a report likely to shake up GBP USD analysis.
- Net consumer credit (GBP): Wednesday, 8:30 A.M. – The Bank of England is to publish this data on the change in the total value of new credit issued to consumers in August.
- Gfk consumer confidence (GBP): Wednesday, 11:01 P.M. – The Gfk market research firm is to release this report on U.K. consumer morale, a leading indicator of consumer spending, in September.
- Nationwide Housing Price Index (GBP): Thursday, 6:00 A.M. – The Nationwide building society is to publish this key gauge of U.K. housing market activity in September.
- Initial jobless claims (USD): Thursday, 12:30 P.M.– The Department of Labor is due to release this report on the number of workers who filed new claims for jobless benefits during the previous week.
- Bernanke testifies (USD): Thursday, 2:00 P.M. – The U.S. Federal Reserve chairman, Ben Bernanke, is slated to testify before the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs, in Washington, D.C. FX traders. will seek to discern clues to future monetary policy moves in the central bank chief’s comments.
- Manufacturing PMI (GBP): Friday, 8:30 A.M. – The Markit market research group is to publish this important report on Britain’s manufacturing sector in September.
- ISM manufacturing PMI (USD): Friday, 2:00 P.M. – The Institute for Supply Management, an industry group, is scheduled to publish this key report on the U.S. manufacturing sector, also for September.