ForexNewsNow – For anyone who is looking to trade forex seriously, a VPS solution should be a necessity. A VPS is a private server which is online 24 hours a day, 365 days, even during those times when your internet connection is down or you switch off your computer. With the use of a forex broker virtual hosting plan, traders can be assured that they will have access to the currency markets as well as the ability to trade on these markets despite what happens to their internet connection, ISP, or computer.
How Does it Work & How to Set it Up
The moment you sign up for a VPS hosting account, the hosting provider you are with provides you with the IP address of the virtual server which is assigned to you. All you have to do is create a link to your VPS on your desktop with the IP address that was assigned to you.
The majority of VPS hosting servers come with the necessary MT4/MT5 trading platforms pre installed. Therefore, as a forex trader the only thing you will need to do is to install or upload onto the system your forex expert advisors.
Even for those traders who use a different platform other than MT4, they can simply upload and install the trading platform they use onto their VPS servers. Once traders have installed and executed their expert advisors, they can log off the VPS and the machine will work at doing its job.
Why People use Forex VPS Hosting & How it Can Help
There are several reasons as to why more and more people are starting to use a Forex broker VPS:
- While not being for everyone, Forex VPS Hosting is a necessity for those traders who trade heavily on the forex markets
- There is no need to rely on your internet connection or even on your computer or laptop
- The ability to work from home, and in fact anywhere in the world is provided thanks to the ability to access your server from the global platform
- Forex VPS hosting is dedicated to performing any forex related tasks in a very efficient manner
- Traders will have the ability to run up to four different trading platforms simultaneously
- All EA files will always be installed in the correct folders which can avoid costly errors.
- As every trader can access the root of the server, the ability to download various applications which can enhance the trading experience becomes available
- A dedicated server means that traders will be able to review pages before they go live on the internet
- It is offered by the best Forex brokers
Free Forex VPS Services
The leading online brokerage company, Forex Club, recently announced the launch of tradecloud. This is a new global service which gives traders access to their services, trading advisors, trading terminals and analytics via their computer or smartphone.
The service offered guarantees a minimum uptime and availability of 99.6%. Even in the event of the Internet failing or a power surge, a transaction or trading position will remain open, providing client service continuity.
- 24/7 online access from any web browser
- Fully mobile compliant
- High speed of operations
- Lack of hardware requirements for client
- Secure EA distribution
- High level of data protection
- Social network connectivity
- Geo-location latency balancing
Forex.com VPS hosting is free, but only for customers who have a minimum of $5000 in their account. Continued eligibility is based on the total assets and trading activity in a trader’s account. For continued access to the VPS hosting, a trader must also execute at least 10 round trip mini lots per month as well as maintaining a minimum of $5000 in an account
- Access your account from any OS with a web browser
- Pre installed MetaTrader software on the VPS solution
- Run EAs on a dedicated Unix server, for maximum uptime
- Easily upload and mage your EAs with a fast and secure account manager
While a trader needs $5,000 in their account to qualify for VPS hosting, at Forex.com, only $500 is needed at Gallant Capital Markets. However, continued eligibility is based on the total assets and trading activity in the account. For continued access, a trader must execute at least 1 standard lot round per month as well as maintaining a minimum of $500 in their account.
- Accessible through any web browser
- Accessible through any web-mobile enabled cell phone advice
- Geo Latency
- Maximum uptime ensured through use of Linux servers
- Simple EA upload
One important thing to be aware of when choosing a forex broker virtual hosting plan is the need to reduce latency. Or to put it another way a trader needs to minimize the distance from the VPS to his Forex broker.
Let’s use this example to get a better understanding of why this is so important – say that a trader is trading with signals which means that a time delay will exist while waiting for the signal to arrive at the broker for execution. Servers that are located far away from the forex broker’s server can suffer a delay in seeing the ask or bid price that is available.
It is also important to find other people’s experiences with certain brokers by researching, reading and comparing the large collection of forex broker reviews available on the Internet.