NEW YORK (Forex News Now) – The FNN team has prepared a list of the top 5 economic events most likely to impact GBP and make realtime forex news during the coming week, Dec. 20 – Dec. 24.
All times are given in GMT.
1. GfK Consumer Confidence: Tuesday, 12:01 A.M. – GfK will release its monthly level of diffusion index based on surveyed consumers. Any reading of over 0.0 indicates optimism. Previous: -21; Forecast: -21.
2. Current Account: Wednesday, 9:30 A.M. – National Statistics will release data on the difference in value between imports and exports in the previous quarter. Previous: -7.4b; Forecast: -7.5b.
3. Final GDP: Wednesday, 9:30 A.M. – National Statistics will release data on the change in the value of all goods and services produced by the economy. This is the primary gauge of economic health. Previous: 0.8%; Forecast: 0.8%.
4. MPC Meeting Minutes: Wednesday, 9:30 A.M. – The Bank of England will release the minutes on its last meeting on interest rates. The minutes provide an insight into the economic factors that influence voters.
5. Revised Business Investment: Wednesday, 9:30 A.M. – National Statistics will release data on the change in the value of capital investmens made by business and the government in the third quarter. Previous: -0.2%; Forecast: -0.1%.