NEW YORK (Forex News Now) – The FNN team has prepared a list of the top 10 economic events most likely to impact EUR and make realtime forex news during the coming week, Nov. 29 – Dec. 3.
All times are given in GMT.
1. German retail sales: Monday, TBA – Destatis, the German Federal Statistical Office, will release its report on changes in the total value of inflation-adjusted retail sales for October. The report is the primary gauge of consumer spending in the euro zone’s largest economy. Previous: -1.7.
2. German unemployment change: Tuesday, 8:55 A.M. – Destatis will release figures on the change in the number of unemployed people in the month of October. The figures are a key indicator of overall economic health. Previous: -3K.
3. European CPI estimate: Tuesday, 10:00 A.M. – Eurostat will release its estimate on changes in the price of good and services purchased by consumers in October. Rising prices could lead the central bank to raise interest rates. Previous: 1.9%.
4. European unemployment rate: Tuesday, 10:00 A.M. – Eurostat will release figures on the percent of the total work force in the euro zone that was unemployed in October. Previous: 10.1%.
5. European Final Manufacturing PMI: Wednesay, 9:00 A.M. – Markit Economics will release its monthly level of diffusion index. The report is based on surveys with purchasing managers in the manufacturing industry and is a leading indicator of economic health. Previous: 55.5%.
6. European Producer Price Index m/m: Thursday, 10:00 A.M. – Eurostat will release its monthly report on changes in the price of finished goods and services sold by producers. The report’s impact tends to be overshadowed by the earlier release of PPI data in Germany and France, the euro zone’s two biggest economies. Previous: 0.3%.
7. European revised GDP q/q: Thursday, 10:00 A.M. – Europe’s statistical office will release monthly figures on the change in the inflation adjusted value of good and services. Previous: 0.4%.
8. European minimum bid rate: Thursday, 12:45 P.M. – The European Central Bank will release its monthly report on interest rates on the main refinancing operations that provide liquidity to the banking system. Short term interest rates are the major player in currency valuation. Previous: 1%.
9. ECB press conference: Thursday, 1:30 P.M. – The president and vice president of the European Central Bank will hold their monthly press conference. This event usually indicates future monetary policy.
10. Retail sales m/m: Friday, 10:00 A.M. – Eurostat will release figures on the change in the total value of inflation-adjusted retail sales in October. The report is the primary gauge of consumer spending. Previous: -.2