NEW YORK (Forex News Now) – The FNN team has prepared a list of the top 10 economic events most likely to impact currency market trading and make realtime forex news during the coming week, Oct. 18-22.
All times are given in GMT.
- Treasury International Capital report (USD): Monday, 1:00 P.M. – The Treasury Department is scheduled to publish this data on foreign holdings of U.S. securities and domestic holdings of foreign securities in August.
- Monetary policy meeting minutes (AUD): Tuesday, 12:30 A.M. – The Reserve Bank of Australia is due to release the minutes of its latest policy-setting meeting on the central bank’s benchmark interest rate.
- German ZEW economic sentiment survey (EUR): Tuesday, 9:00 A.M. – The ZEW research institute is slated to release this important monthly report for October, which offers a medium-term forecast for the euro zone’s largest economy.
- Building permits (USD): Tuesday, 12:30 P.M. – The Census Bureau is due to publish this monthly report on the U.S. housing market, which details number of number of new building projects authorized for construction in September.
- BOC rate decision (CAD): Tuesday, 1:00 P.M. – The Bank of Canada is due announce a decision on whether to alter its benchmark interest rate, the Overnight Rate, which it is expected to hold steady at 1 percent. The central bank will also issue a statement explaining the move by referring to current economic conditions; FX traders are likely to scrutinize the comments for clues to future monetary policy moves.
- MPC meeting minutes (GBP): Wednesday, 8:30 A.M. – The Bank of England’s policy-setting committee is scheduled to release the minutes of its latest meeting on the central bank’s benchmark interest rate.
- BOC monetary policy report (CAD): Wednesday, 2:30 P.M. – The BOC is to release this data, which provides insights into the bank’s view of economic conditions and inflation. The central bank is due to hold a press conference on the matter shortly afterward.
- Retail sales (GBP): Thursday, 8:30 A.M. – Britain’s statistics bureau is to release this report on retail sales, a key gauge of consumer spending and central to indicator analysis, for September.
- Initial jobless claims (USD): Thursday, 12:30 P.M. – The Department of Labor is due to release this data on the number of workers who filed new claims for jobless benefits during the previous week. The report is often quite influential on the dollar’s FX rate. Philly fed later
- German Ifo business climate (EUR): Friday, 8:00 A.M. – The Ifo research institute is to publish this closely watched survey of German business sentiment in October, providing an important indicator of the euro zone’s largest economy’s health. Canada is later due to publish important reports on consumer price inflation and retail sales.