NEW YORK (Forex News Now) – The FNN team has prepared a list of the top 10 economic events most likely to impact USD and make realtime forex news during the coming week, Jan. 3 – 7.
All times are given in GMT.
1. ISM manufacturing prices: Monday, 3:00 P.M. – The Institute for Supply Management will publish the level of its index based on surveyed purchasing managers in the manufacturing industry, a leading indicator of economic health. Any reading above 50.0 indicates industry expansion. Previous: 56.6; Forecast: 57.1.
2. Construction spending: Monday, 3:00 P.M. – The Census Bureau will release data on the change in November in the total amount builders spent on construction projects. Previous: 0.7%; Forecast: 0.2%.
3. Factory orders: Tuesday, 3:00 P.M. – The Census Bureau will release data on the change in November in the total value of new purchase orders placed by manufacturers. Previous: -0.9%; Forecast: -0.1%.
4. FOMC Meeting Minutes: Tuesday, 7:00 P.M – The Federal Reserve is set to release the minutes of the most recent meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee, which determines the interest rate.
5. ADP non-farm employment change: Wednesday, 1:15 P.M. – Automatic Data Processing, Inc. will release data on the estimated monthly change in the number of employed people at the end of December, excluding the farming industry and government. Previous: 93k; Forecast: 101k.
6. Jobless claims: Thuesday, 1:30 P.M. – The Department of Labor will release data on the number of people who filed for unemployment insurance during the past week. Previous: 388k; Forecast: 400k.
7. Non-farm employment change: Friday, 1:30 P.M. – The Bureau of Labor Statistics will release its data on the monthly change in the number of employed during December, excluding the volatile farming industry. Previous: 39k; Forecast: 136k.
8. Unemployment rate: Friday, 1:30 P.M. – The Bureau of Labor Statistics will release data on the percentage of the total work force that was unemployed and actively seeking employment during December. Previous: 9.8%; Forecast: 9.7%.
9. Average hourly earnings: Friday, 1:30 P.M. – The Bureau of Labor Statistics will publish monthly data on the change in the price businesses pay for labor, excluding the farming industry. Previous: 0.0%; Forecast: 0.2%.
10. Consumer credit: Friday, 8:00 P.M. – The Federal Reserve will publish data on the monthly change in November in the total value of outstanding consumer credit requiring installation payments. Previous: 3.4; Forecast: 0.1b.