NEW YORK (Forex News Now) – The FNN team has prepared a list of the top 10 economic events most likely to impact EUR/USD and make realtime forex news during the coming week, Sept. 20-24.
All times are given in GMT.
- Italy trade balance (EUR): Monday, 8:00 A.M. – Italy’s statistics bureau is set to release this data on the in value between imported and exported goods in July, in the only major euro zone economic event of the first two days of the week.
- Building permits (USD): Tuesday, 12:30 P.M. – The Census Bureau is due to publish this monthly report on the U.S. housing market, which details number of number of new building projects authorized for construction.
- Fed interest rate decision (USD): Tuesday, 6:15 P.M. – The U.S. Federal Reserve is to reach a decision on whether to alter its benchmark interest rate, the Federal Funds Rate – a key event for FX traders. The central bank will announce the decision in a statement, which will also explain the move.
- Industrial new orders (EUR): Wednesday, 9:00 A.M. – The EU statistics bureau is to release this report on the value of new contracts for goods produced by the manufacturing sector in July, a leading indicator of production.
- Services, manufacturing PMI’s (EUR): Thursday, 8:00 A.M. – The market research firm Markit will publish Purchasing Managers’ Indexes for the euro zone manufacturing and services sectors. The data are a leading indicator of economic health and will be scrutinized during EUR USD analysis.
- Initial jobless claims (USD): Thursday, 12:30 P.M. – The Department of Labor is due to release this report on the number of workers who filed new claims for jobless benefits during the previous week.
- Home resales (USD): Thursday, 2:00 P.M. – The National Association of Realtors, a trade group, is due to publish this report on the sales of previously owned U.S. homes; in fx trading, it is also known as “existing home sales.”
- Ifo German business climate (EUR): Friday, 8:00 A.M. – The Ifo research institute is to publish this closely watched survey of German business sentiment, an important indicator of the euro zone’s largest economy’s health.
- Core durable goods orders (USD): Friday, 12:30 P.M. The Census Bureau is to release this report on orders long-lasting manufactured goods in August, excluding transportation products – the last major currency market trading economic indicator of the week.
- Bernanke speaks (USD): Friday, 8:30 P.M. – The U.S. Federal Reserve chairman, Ben Bernanke, is slated to speak at an event in Princeton. Traders will seek to discern clues to future monetary policy moves in the central bank chief’s comments.